Symmetry Physical Therapy has been closely following guidelines set out by the CDC for important safety measures to allow for in-person physical therapy sessions during the COVID-19 outbreak. The following are precautions that will be implemented at Symmetry Physical Therapy:
★ As of June 1,2020 we will open with only one therapist and one patient in the clinic during a scheduled appointment. On June 22, we will progress to having 2 therapists and 2 patients in the clinic. We will be working with patients in the open space of the gym in a socially distanced manner. The office manager may also be present in the clinic at times.
★ Appointments will be staggered to ensure proper cleaning takes place before the arrival of the next scheduled patient.
★ All contact surfaces including treatment tables and equipment will be disinfected with Cavicide in preparation for each patient visit.
★ We are now using vinyl pillows in order to properly sanitize.
★ All therapists and patients are required to wear masks throughout the entire patient visit. No exceptions. If the mask is touched we require hand washing before proceeding/continuing with treatment.
★ All appointments will be held in the gym space to avoid smaller, confined spaces that are riskier for transmissions of the virus.
★ All patients are asked to attend the appointments individually. For safety reasons, if a patient needs assistance in/out of the clinic then arrangements will be made on a case by case basis. We understand there are exceptions for minors.
★ All patients will be screened with a temperature check and will be required to fill out a questionnaire prior to the start of their visit.
★ All therapists and patients are asked to practice hand hygiene, which includes washing hands for a minimum of 20 seconds or sanitizing with approved sanitizer.
Screening items before your appointment:
1. Your temperature will be taken via an in-ear thermometer. If your temperature reading
is greater than 100 degrees F, we will not be able to treat you in the clinic at that time.
2. If you are exhibiting signs and symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as coughing or sneezing, we reserve the right to ask you to leave. Per the CDC, coronavirus is
primarily spread through droplets.
3. You will be required to complete a questionnaire prior to each appointment. Click here
to review the screening questionnaire. Examples of questions asked include:
- Have you been in contact with anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19?
- Do you have any shortness of breath or cough or fatigue?
4. You will be asked to wash or sanitize your hands prior to each session.