Your First Visit
- Prior to your appointment fill out the Patient Registration and Health History Form
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Arrive 10 minutes early for your scheduled appointment
- Please bring physical therapy prescription (if applicable) and any diagnostic imaging reports pertinent to your diagnosis
- Please bring Insurance Card
- Please bring Photo ID
- Please give 24 hours notice for cancellations
- Call us at (773) 661-2990
- Late cancellations and missed appointments are subject to a $50 fee
- This fee is not covered by insurance
Insurance and Billing
In-Network Benefits Out-Of-Network Benefits Medicare
Blue-Cross Blue Shield
For patients out-of-network, services
are billed at Self-Pay rates. Symmetry can
provide you with a receipt that you may
submit to your out-of-network insurance
company for reimbursement, if available.
We accept Medicare.
Upon request, Symmetry Physical Therapy can call to verify your insurance benefits for out-patient physical therapy. If you have any further questions regarding your physical therapy benefits, please contact your insurance company through the member services department.
You will be mailed a statement for any portion that is your financial responsibility. If you have any questions regarding billing, please contact us.
Estimated deductible payment and co-pay are due at the time of service. Symmetry Physical Therapy accepts cash, checks, or credit cards.
All patients are required to read and agree to the following policies:
- Cancellation Policy
- Consent to Physical Therapy Treatment
- Financial Responsibility Policy
- Privacy Notice
You no longer need a prescription from your physician to receive physical therapy services. Please click here to review the law passed in August 2018.
According to the Illinois Physical Therapy Practice Act, Sec 1.2, patients may now be evaluated and treated by a physical therapist without a referral or prescription from a physician.
Benefits you gain
- Quicker access to services: You, your friend, or family member can receive and benefit from physical therapy care as soon as a problem arises. You do not need to first visit your doctor.
- Improved outcomes: Early intervention physical therapy improves patient outcomes by not delaying treatments. The sooner treatment can begin, the less complex the problem becomes.
- Reduced health care costs: Mike Riley, president of the Illinois Physical Therapy Association reports, “Studies across the country have shown that direct access to physical therapy is extremely cost-effective, reducing total health care costs by as much as 30 percent and, in some cases, reducing patients’ out-of-pocket costs by as much as 80 percent.”
- Therapist-physician interaction: Under the new Illinois legislation, physical therapists must notify your primary care physician or treating healthcare professional within 5 business days that you are receiving physical therapy services. Communication between your therapist and doctor is important so that you receive the comprehensive care you need as you are recover. Symmetry Physical Therapy has always maintained close communications with patients’ healthcare professionals and will continue to do so.